As we step in our 20s a morning skincare routine becomes a part of our daily habit. Having a proper skincare routine is as vital as taking care of our mental and physical health. Nowadays it is easy to feel insecure about our physical appearance due to social media. While the primary focus should be on a healthy diet and hydration, a skincare routine can help your usual skin concerns. Here is the 5-step morning skincare routine you should start following now:
Do a comprehensive double cleanse the night before to eliminate impurities from your skin. In the morning, opt for a revitalizing cleanse using only lukewarm water to effectively dissolve sebum. Improve the cleansing process by incorporating a microfiber cloth, and gently wiping your face to minimize friction and irritation. Regularly assess your skin’s condition, check for signs of clogged pores, and adjust your cleansing frequency accordingly for a personalized and effective skincare routine.
2. Include Toner in Your Morning Skincare Routine
Facial toners serve multiple beneficial purposes in a skincare routine:
- Balances Skin: Some cleansers may strip the skin, leading to dryness. Applying a toner post-cleansing helps restore balance, preventing the skin from feeling overly tight or dry.
- Hydrates: Being water-based, facial toners aim to replenish hydration post-cleansing. Many formulations include additional hydrating ingredients to bind water to the skin, ensuring long-lasting hydration.
- Refreshes: Spritzing a toner onto the skin provides a refreshing start and end to your daily skincare routine, contributing to a pleasant and revitalizing experience.
- Removes Impurities: Integrating a facial toner into your routine aids in clearing away excess dirt and impurities left on the skin, contributing to a more thorough cleansing process.
3. Understand the Importance of Serums
Other than improving your skin texture, serums have several benefits and you must include them in your morning skincare routine. It minimizes the skin pores, reduces wrinkles, fine lines, and dark circles, evens skin tone, and improves skin elasticity. There are several kinds of serum. Read the benefits of different serums before you include them in your skincare routine.
Also Read: The Best Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
4. Moisturizer is a Must
It is best to apply moisturizer after serum because moisturizer tends to be thicker, unlike serum. Often people wonder if it’s okay to skip moisturizer. The answer is no. The moisturizer helps to seal the active ingredients of the serum making it beneficial for the skin. Moisturizer not only prevents your skin from dryness, but it also slows the signs of aging and soothes sensitive skin. Applying the right moisturizer can offer many more advantages.
5. Morning Skincare Routine is Synonymous with Sunscreen
We often make the mistake of skipping sunscreen or using it very late until we see the effects of sunburn. The UV rays increase the risk of skin aging and skin cancer, so sunscreen is a must. Sunscreen prevents sunburn, even if it’s not a sunny day make sure you apply sunscreen as UVB rays can penetrate through clouds. It limits the appearance of blotchy skin. And, it reduces the risk of melasma and hyperpigmentation. No matter what you do, make sure you follow these five simple steps for your morning skincare routine.
Also Read: Sunscreen: What Is SPF? Which One To Choose? Why Should You Get It Now?